- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 1h 5m
- Serves: 2
- Category: Soups
For the broth
- 1 litre water
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1/2 cm ginger, sliced
- 6 shiitake mushrooms
- 3 bok choy
- 2 spring onions
- 2 carrots
- 180 grams soba noodles
- Cut ginger and garlic into thin slices and place into a saucepan. Add 500 ml of cold water plus the soy sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes with the lid closed.
- Dissolve miso paste in 500 ml of hot water and set aside.
- After 30 minutes filter garlic and ginger out of the sauce pan. Then mix with the miso broth.
- Shiitake: Remove stems, slice up and fry for 8 minutes in a little bit of vegan butter. Deglaze with a soy sauce.
- Bok Choy: Cut off the bottom, separate leaves and clean thoroughly. Fry it for a couple of minutes in the same pan used for the shiitake.
- Carrots: Wash and peel, the use spiral slicer to make julienne strips. Add to ready made broth in the saucepan and cook them until soft.
- Spring onions: wasch and cut into thin slices.
- Cook soba noodles according to instructions - normally it doesn't take longer than a couple of minutes.
- First put noodles into serving bowls, then add broths and top with the veggies and mushrooms of your choice.