- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 1h 15m
- Category: Cakes
For the Filling
- 1 kilogram apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 lemon
For the Dough
- 300 grams flour
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 110 grams warm vegan butter / oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 flaxseed egg
- 1 pinch of salt
For the filling
- Peel the apples, remove the cores and cut them into thin slices.
- Add the juice of one lemon, cinnamon and sugar and mix well until all apple slices are coated nicely.
For the dough
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Use your hand to knead all ingredients for the dough together in a big bowl.
- Take roughly 1/4 of the dough and set it aside (it will be used for the dough cover later on).
- Know spread the rest of the dough throughout the baking tin. Make sure to pull up the edges evenly.
- Use the rest of the dough to form a lid. Spread it on cling film until you have got the diameter you need.
- Now add the apple mixture - only the apples and no juice that might be in the bowl. Otherwise the crust will bet soggy.
- Place the lid on top and punch a couple of wholes into it, so the steam can escape.
- Now put it into the oven for 45 minutes.